04 March 2012

Single Packaging, Poster and Photos




The objective of this project was to create the packaging for a Single. We were asked to choose a song and make the packaging match the sound.
On a second part we had to make a poster and take photographs that reflect the song chosen.
I chose Leathermouth’s “Sunsets are for Muggers”. They are a punk band formed in 2007.
The main characteristics of this band’s sound are aggressiveness, the “do it yourself” philosophy and an intentionally lower quality recording.
With all that in mind I made the front and back cover with painted sandpaper, creating a rough surface to touch.
On the inside I used imagery alluding to the themes portrayed in the song. For the background I used an eroded metal texture to translate the “messiness” of the process.
In the poster I went with the DIY philosophy and spray painted a stencil wolf, which I chose for being a wild, lonely and aggressive animal.
In the photos I once again tried to portray the wildness, the energy and messiness of punk music.


Date: December 2009
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4
Camera: Pentax Optio430RS


Diclaimer: All trademarks are property of their owners and are used here for academic purposes only.





Detail front
Detail back























No comments:

Post a Comment